November 03, 2008

Chris Berman is Unacceptable!

During halftime of tonight's Monday Night Football broadcast, Chris Berman -- patron saint of moronic catchphrases, fake hair, and incessant player nicknames that incorportate their last name -- will interview our two presidential candiates, Sens. McCain and Obama. Fuck me.

I can already hear it:

Berman: On my left, Senator Barack "Don't Call Me" Hussien Obama, and on my right, John "I'm So Old That I Require the Use of a" McCain "to Walk With."
Obama: Thank you, Chris. I'd like to also thank Senator McCain for a spirited campaign and...
Berman: Great. So, Senator McCain, isn't it true that you love this country?
McCain: Why yes. I love this country with the white hot heat of a thousand suns.
Berman: Whoa, Senator. That's a lot of hot love.
Obama: Sun metaphors aside, Chris, I think what the American people can expect from...
McCain: Don't vote for a black.
Berman: Rumblin', stumblin', stumpin', banana-fanna-bo-humpin'. (awkward silence from all) Back to Steelers-Skins, tied going into the second half.

See, America. Tonight we all lose.

2 comments:

Marie Debris said...

my birthday gift to you mr basura, is an obama victory! happy birthday my dear friend!

Scrap Heap Pete said...

Yucky. Who spilled all of the politics into my sports? It tastes terrible!!

Berman actually asked both candidates what the best advice they got from their sports-playing days. Is it even possible to respond to this without using cliches?

Happy Birthday!! Welcome to 31. It's like 30 but with less knee cartilage.