December 31, 2009

2009, I'm Glad You're Dead

This was a difficult year. I lived most of the year in an insect-riddled cave; I started doing cooler stuff at work, which meant way more work, which also meant a heavy measure of much-avoided stress; the fledgling production company I started hasn’t made anything of quality in a long time, making me question my talent and leading to sleeplessness and more stress; I grew disenfranchised watching Democrats get in the way of progress because they were now the ones getting fat on lobbyist cash; I bristled when Obama continued two bullshit wars; and my poor health has caused kidneys troubles that persist = more stress.

I’m glad you’re over, 2009. For a year that was supposed to be so filled with optimism and potential, you sure were one motherfucker of a taint kick.

So, to usher in a new year, my favorite toast:

Every saint has a past; every sinner a future. Here’s to the future!

No comments: