August 05, 2010

Petey Tours America, Phase III - Nashville, TN

Yeah, these cities are pretty boring. It was on this last trip that I realized this business travel shit ain't all it's cracked up to be. Not because Nashville is boring or awful--I honestly have to give it a grade of 'Incomplete' as I never left the hotel--but because I think I literally got sick from travelling. Musty meeting rooms, moldy carpet, strange beds, central time zone, and don't even get me started on airplane air. Let's just say I'd rather breathe in pretty much anything other than that.

And holy shit!-only 1 out of 6 flights so far have been on time--the delays have ranged from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Engine ignition failure? Yup. Faulty fuel gauge? Uh-huh. Air traffic? Oh yes. Flight attendant fell and hurt her back on the plane we are supposed to be getting on? Just murder me already!

Luckily, I had a week-long vacation scheduled way in advance of Phase 4's trip to Chicago, so the wife and I are driving to Emerald Isle, NC next week instead.

Sadly, two days after I get back from the beach I have to get on a 4 hour 40 minute flight to Salt Lake City... do they even sell whiskey there?

No comments: