August 20, 2010

Petey Tours America, Phase IV - Salt Lake City, UT

I suppose I owe the beautiful city of Salt Lake an apology. Not only did they repeal their blasphemous, draconian alcohol laws, but the people are extremely pleasant and accommodating. Sure, you can find an unnamed cultish religious element if you want to look for it (actually, you probably won't have to look too hard...), but I think having a large university (Univ. of Utah--they apparently they have a huge rivalry with BYU) and recently hosting the Winter Olympics has attracted a certain 'liberal elite' and/or non-Mormon population.

Oh and the skyline is breathtaking..



Though I'm not a huge fan of what the clocks read in the Mountain Time Zone, I have to say.

But Thanks Alive! My 5 week tour of the U.S. has finally concluded and I can finally stop living out of a suitcase and a toiletry bag. And sleep in a non-lumpy bed with at least some amount of back support. Hopefully, when I wake up in the middle of the night now, I will have some idea of what city I'm in.

My next post was going to be a 'travel wrap-up' detailing the gritty details of filing expense reports, but fortunately for everyone, I got barf all over it and had to scrap it.

No comments: