November 29, 2006

Gold Nugget Vs. Piece of Trash Vol. 1


Gold:

I've got two underpaid educators on the faders/
mad about the salaries of baseball players/
a nation of thugs wavin guns at the mayor/
the meek on their knees cold prayin for savior/
unable to outlast disease that plagues ya/
scientists with remedies save em for later/
'In God We Trust' written on the paper/
which soon will burn/
as humans learn/
to upgrade, advance/
got way too far in the waters of chance/
stress reaches up to the heavens/
its arms/
take the form of nuclear bombs/
and when they're weary/
they drop and crush theory/
laying to waste everything you held dearly/
death is nearing/
at this point you see clearly/
united through peril just scream if you hear me/
--Mr. Lif, "Low Key"

Trash:

As my, Daytons spin lowrider sittin low/
Hittin corners so hard you can taste my rims
Hard top six-four, I'm Diddy no tint
I can't hide in New York City
I'm 'bout it in the South, sleep good in the West/
Know a chick from Watts with Bad Boy tatted on her breast/
I done been there and did it (I done been there and did it)/
Ten years without gettin sweat inside my Yankee fitted/
1990-Raw I showed you ice/
You ain't know who Jacob was so I showed you twice/
When it was (All About the Benjamins) I had two bezels on my arm
Like a Don's supposed to, Sean
Ride with a chaffeur in Gucci loafers/
And switch to All Stars without losin focus/
These rap niggaz hopeless (hopeless)
you can change the locks
but I'ma shine for niggaz that ain't know Big
--P.Diddy "We Gon Make It"


Wasn't that easy??
More to come...

2 comments:

Mike said...

C'mon, you gotta give it up to the Diddo for the "west/tatted on her breast" couplet, no? No? Anyone?

Scrap Heap Pete said...

For me,
"I done been there and did it"
and
"not gettin sweat inside my Yankee fitted"
that shit brings me to tears.
Can you fucking believe it?!? No forehead sweat!! On a Yankee's hat no less? Come to think of it, I'm a little incredulous.