December 07, 2006

Look Everyone!! I'm a Racist!

No, not me, of course. But you are. Particularly if you are a celebrity. It seems that at some point during your career, it is more than likely that you have conveyed this sort of message (whether out of real hatred or some last-ditch effort to garner some attention). This country has a long history of some seriously messed up racist shit, and that's a woeful understatement. Oh, I don't know, things like slavery, the KKK, and the fact that there have only been 5 (!) black Senators--EVER--come to mind (You want references? This ain't college, it's the internet, look it up yourself). And while this country's disdain for minorities and Hollywood have gone hand in hand over the years (minstrel shows of the early 20th century, 70s blaxploitation, less than ten black Academy Award winning actors, continued limited or stereotypical roles for minorities), it seems that hate-filled diatribes have become the shameless publicity stunt du jour (in addition to wanton vagina flashing; thank you Mr. Basura). From Mel Gibson to Michael Richards and now this tidbit from media juggernaut TMZ (Now with 10% more credibility!):

"...Just hours after TMZ broke the story about Andy Dick's cavalier use of the N word in a comedy club this weekend, the alleged comedian has admitted that he made a huge mistake. In an apology issued through his publicist, Dick said, "I chose to make a joke about a subject that is not funny. In an attempt to make light of a serious subject, I have offended a lot of people, and I am sorry for my insensitivity. I wish to apologize to Ian, to the club, and its patrons and to anyone who was hurt or offended by my remark."Andy was heckling comedian Ian Bagg at L.A.'s Improv comedy club Saturday, when he sudddenly got out of his seat and jumped onstage, cracked jokes about Michael Richards, and referred to the crowd by the N word..."

Yes yes, Andy, we get it, you're a fucking idiot, now go away. I was (and have consistently been throughout your career) offended by your actions and I do not accept your callous apology. We will, however, be sure to call you the next time a hurricane hits and we need to build a levee of human sandbags. I think we'll put you at the base of the levee where all the water and drownings are.

The moral of this story is really quite simple: American people no longer believe that public displays of racism are acceptable or funny. Bigotry is only acceptable and funny when it takes place in the privacy of your own racist home, or kept as thoughts within the confines of your thick, bigoted skull.

4 comments:

Scrap Heap Pete said...

God, Rosie O'Donnell, you're such a stupid dike. Oops, did I offend you? Doesn't matter, I'm not apologizing. I'm so glad you took time out from muff diving and clit banging to share with us how your feeble mind hears and interprets Asian languages: "Ching chong ta chong chong ching chong Danny DeVito ching chong chong chong chong drunk 'The View' ching chong." Classic! It always amazes me when a member of a persecuted minority group harbors bigoted views of other minorities. Irony is awesome.

Mike said...

Well, we can kiss our lesbian readership goodbye. And, I guess, anyone who participates in whatever "clit banging" is.

Scrap Heap Pete said...

No way, I'm sure all the cool lesbians hate Rosie O'Donnell, too. I did get a little carried away though, I think this blog is making me bombastic.

Marie Debris said...

How do the asian lesbians feel about this? Is it racist and insensitive if I say "ching chong ta ding dong" is all I hear too?