December 18, 2006

Marriage and the Holidays

Ok, so married life has been great so far. I mean, we get to sleep in the same room now at my parents. Awesome, right? And we don't have to answer any more questions about when we're going to get married. Whew! With that monkey off my back let's get to some not so great things about being married.

*having to buy holiday gifts and birthday gifts for everyone on both sides of the family
*having to smile and say, "NO, NOT YET!!!" whenever (and it's quite often) someone asks if we're going to have a baby
*having to fulfill family obligations for both sides of the family
*having to talk to TWO moms

Do you see a trend here? Families make married life a little less pleasant. I am only bitching because I was so excited when my family announced that they were going away for the holidays . . . I assumed they were going to skip Christmas. You know what happens when you assume. You make an ASS out of U and ME. So now I have to go out and buy Christmas presents for the most impossible people to gift. I mean, what do you get the guy that has a car that cost more than my first home? What do you get the lady that has 3 closets full of name brand clothes? What do you buy brothers who own $5k watches? With one week left, I am knee-deep in doo doo. Help!

No comments: