July 29, 2010

Petey Tours America, Phase II - Providence, RI

Actual view of the Rhode Island Statehouse from my swanky hotel room--hey, your tax dollars have to go somewhere. Cheers!


Ahh, now this city is more to my liking (sorry, KC denizens). Providence definitely has a major East-Coast-major-metropolis air about it... i.e. everything is in walking distance, old architecture interspersed among modern architecture, good food & drink, interesting graffiti, plenty of hipsters (I know because they had sleeve tattoos and expensive eyeglass frames).

Speaking of good food & drink, the Trinity Brewhouse served one of the best corned beef Reubens I've ever had, and more importantly, one of the best pints of beer I've EVER had (White Coffee something something Stout)...now you know I take my beer very seriously (born with a .02), so this is no off the cuff comment. I would have had six or seven more, but my supervisor was sitting next to me.

Coupling that meal experience with mid-80 temps and moderate humidity in late July and it's is easy to have Providence as early odds-on favorite for best phase of this whirlwind of business trips...next up, Nashville.

No comments: