December 03, 2010

My Dark Twisted Bloated Narcissistic Year-End Music List

2010's almost over, y'all. Let's review what I enjoyed about music this year!

Favorite Records

Robyn, the Body Talk trilogy
LCD Soundsystem, This Is Happening
The Mynabirds, What We Lose in the Fire We Gain in the Flood
Beach House, Teen Dream
Air Waves, Dungeon Dots
Medications, Completely Removed
Twin Sister, Color Your Life
Love Is All, Two Thousand and Ten Injuries

Favorite 7"s and EPs

Mr. Dream, No Girls Allowed 7" and also the "Learn the Language" and "Scarred for Life" singles
Wye Oak, My Neighbor/My Creator EP
Tennis, Baltimore EP
Gauntlet Hair, I Was Thinking 7" and Out Don't.../Heave 7"

Favorite Song

Tough competition this year. I'd like to give it to LCD Soundsystem for "Home" (or "I Can Change"), Twin Sister for "Lady Daydream," Wye Oak for "I Hope You Die," Japandroids for "Heavenward Grand Prix," or almost anything Robyn did this year. But this is my favorite song from this year.

Epilouge

As always, I'm a bit behind on current stuff. I still haven't heard the new Laura Marling, Broken Social Scene, Big Boi, Superchunk, Joanna Newsome, Sufjan Stevens, Cee-Lo, or Avey Tare records, and The Suburbs has been on my iPod for months now, but I just can't get into it enough to listen to more than one song at a time.

Also, honorable mentions for all the good songs I heard via Pitchfork, MBV, etc. but never bothered to buy the actual records: Black Tambourine, Harlem, Dum Dum Girls, Women, and every other band and song that now slips my mind.

Enjoy the Twenty One-One, everybody!

No comments: