March 06, 2007

Here's The Deep End, Here's Me Off The Deep End

Climbing to the top of the highest tree
Trying to get above all the usual that I see
Moving here and there
To float on air
And settle in an empty space
Startled by a cold wind repeatedly slapping my face
"That's right! I'm the Wind and I'm pissed!
All that defiance, subversion, and thinking equal opportunities missed
'Free your mind'?
That doesn't even make cents
I eat people and spit them out due to their inaction
Now that's what I call pure chewing satisfaction
So wake up! You're late
For jobs, meetings, classes, and other important dates
Your role is that of the slave
Best to fall in line with the other mindless knaves
There's no such thing as talent
Might as well fuck being valiant
I don't find any of this shit funny
Success depends on one thing: large amounts of money
Currency and pills seem to keep the rest happy
So why don't you get dressed for work
And do you mind making it snappy?
I'll even give you a glimpse of the sun for inspiration
No sense laying frozen, in pools of perspiration
Let's face it, when it really comes down to it
You don't even have the gall
To rise up, change, or give it some semblance of 'your all'
So why don't you just do yourself a favor
And follow the bouncing ball"

No comments: